Information to be gathered by the PSM during the Customer Onboard:
Pre-Onboard (Portal Requirements)
Before day of Onboard
- On the customer account page
- Set “activate portal access” to yes
- Add your contact to the “All Contacts” subgrid
- On each contact page (all property contacts + your own)
- Make sure they have “main property” as the correct property we are onboarding (or the management company if linked to multiple)
- Copy their email and go to the “details” tab
- Paste their email under portal access area in the portal email field
- Change “portal access” to yes
- Save the record
- Wait for the portal reset to populate
- Then save and close contact record
- Login to portal to check the following
- Setup Services tab
- Checking that the services are correct and in the right order for the right vendors (ie Rent Ready, In-House, Other Vendor)
- Floorplans + Pricelist
- Checking the floorplans are all listed correctly
- Checking the pricelist is showing the standard services + addons
- Start creating a turn to make sure services/addons are showing – DO NOT SAVE TURN
- Setup Services tab
- Create preferences for pros on the property page in Stella
Day of Onboard (usually about 30 minutes before)
- Open each contact record and select “trigger password reset” on the details tab
- Make sure you are still associated to the property and login to portal to have it ready to share
Part 1 – Customer Confirmations
- Who is the primary point of contact?
- Who is the back up?
- What is their contact information?
- What is their preferred method of communication?
- General communication
- Add-on Requests … Approval
- Billing Info:
- Management Company
- Account Name
- Billing Contact & Title
- First/Last Name
- Billing Address
- Billing Type (confirm) -
- Billing Cycle (confirm understanding based on market)
- Paint specs (confirm) …..
- We’d like to confirm your communities ‘No smoking’ and Mask policy. Is this a smoke free property? (check in Stella to see if noted on the account) …
Part 2 – Customer Ordering Habit Confirmations
- What is the cadence at which you expect to submit orders (i.e. weekly, monthly)?
- Will units be walked before the order is submitted (expectations of add-ons)?
- Who approves add-ons?
- Can a Pro request approval or should it go through official channels?
- Do you need photos?
- Who (if anyone) can make changes to the schedule outside of the main POC?
Part 3 – Customer Portal Training
- Home screen – confirm they see property name and can click on it
- Calendar view – default view when they open property page
- Turn Board – walk through columns briefly
- Property Settings – click on name in top right corner
- Setup Services – review services that we provide vs in house, show how to create custom service, drag into different order
- Floorplans – click on pricelist to show the pricing for the floorplan
- Units – list of units we have provided services for
- Property Settings – address
- Users – all people who have access to this account
- How to create a turn
- Review auto populating the dates based on move-in
- How to change date for scheduling
- Notes and addons
- How to remove specific service if not needed
- Price total in the top right corner
- On turn board, talk about
- status of services (pending, scheduled, in progress, completed, canceled)
- how to filter
- how to search
- default sorting to move-in date
- Cancel an entire turn
- POs **If necessary
- Create a default PO which attaches to all services
- Use “I don’t know PO number”
- Change PO
- Create different PO for specific service
Part 4 – Reminders
- Schedule early to ensure availability, especially primary pro availability
- Scope of work details are important to avoid schedule issues and addon approvals in real time
- Confirm best point of contact for daily ops communication and addons
- Unit readiness
- Ensure as many people onsite are users of tech to get everyone on same page / transparency into make ready status
- Make sure exact turn profile is confirmed. There may be variation unit to unit but we should have a standard turn profile for each property
- Preferred and secondary pros
- What are past pain points you have had with other vendors?
- Discuss importance of advance scheduling
The wrap up the onboard, these should have been covered:
- Portal Training
- Customer put in first orders in the portal and seem comfortable with the portal
- Customer understand ordering process
- All information has been confirmed and/or gathered